Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Open Carry making a come back?

"At first, [open carry] was a little novelty," he said. "Then I realized the chances of me educating someone are bigger than ever using it [the gun] in self-defense. If it's in my pants or under my shirt I'm probably not going to do anything with it."


From the LA Times:
Packing in public: Gun owners tired of hiding their weapons embrace 'open carry'

A great read. I wouldn't open carry, but this article got me thinking that things might really be changing out side the Kali-Kurtain. Anyways, the anti-gunners HATE it when their misconception of knuckle-dragging redneck gun owners is challenged. (mainly because it's all they have to argue with)

We're winning.

3 comments:

Fletch said...

Heh... "in my pants"...

Fletch said...

Also: "Springfield Armory XD-35" lulz...


Yeah, I get it, reporters aren't very good at guns, but they probably aren't very good at most of the things they report on, but do the research to sound competent on the subject matter.

Silly mistakes cause one to conclude the reporter didn't care enough to get the specifics right.

... but at least he didn't call it a glock-47 revolver...

Anonymous said...

I was just reading that article last night, trying to work up the balls to conceive of open carry out here.

Then I realized that I already have exercised that right in the unincorporated areas of my county, and that carrying a rifle or shotgun in a car isn't punishable, and I started thinking about my CCW again. It may be worth it to just go ahead, take the class and apply again.

As they say - hope springs in turtles.