Monday, March 30, 2009

Notes from a Ca. Gun Show

There was a line to get tickets, a line to get in, and A LINE TO GET OUT.
No... Seriously.
The line to get tickets was the longest I've ever seen.

There was a 30 minute wait to make it through the three-deep wall of people surrounding the major ammo distributor.

Good, not great deals on .50 cal ammo cans.

Apparently some manufacturer has been convinced to convert Saiga-12s to California legal, and they will be more available soon. It was hard not to drop the plastic on a $1400 Saiga-12 AK Conversion. In a bit, they should become more available to us. Can't wait to find one for a good price.

EBR disease is spreading. A few years ago there was ONE booth selling AR lowers, and a bunch of people standing 8 feet away, expecting a Sheriff to tackle and arrest them if they go too close. Now, EBRs consume around 25% of the firearms offerings at the show. The genie is out of the bottle, and all the threats in the world won't get it back in.

Noticed a lot of the military surplus arms were inching below the expected prices. I wonder if the milsurp guys are feeling left out with all the EBR sales. I might show up to the next show ready to make some good deals.

I saw a Mas 36 at the show, and finally got a chance to handle what I drooled over when I first saw it at The Armed Canadian's place. I really don't need another rifle to feed, but if the price were a little bit better, I might not have been able to stop myself.

Complete AR rifles remain retardedly expensive. Found a "stock as you can buy 'em" carbine for $1500. Prices went up from there to just over 3K. Found a bone stock A2 upper (no bolt) for $575. They were selling the last bolt they had for $175. The prices were so high I even entertained the fool notion of selling one of my ARs under the expectation that prices might go down. Maybe time will prove me a fool, but I'll be able to cry my tears all over my bird in the hand.

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

I can only hope that the milsurp guys with their horde of tarted-up CMP Garands and $200 faked Carbine type-1 barrel-bands and generously cartoucheried "original" stocks are feeling left out of the loop-supply that they're demanding $2-$3k from!