Tuesday, August 26, 2008

HURRRRR! I IMA TAP DANCIN!

An update to this nonsense,

Sales idiot: WTF I CANT DELIVER THIS TO TEH CUSTOMER!
Me: And why not?
SI: CUZ THE REPORT IS BLANK!!!!11
Me: Yep.
SI: WHY IS IT BLANK?!
Me: Because you didn't involve me in the process as I requested, and in your haste to sell, you promised results for something you knew nothing about.
SI: BUT THEY ARE USING AN SSL BOX RITE NOW. WHY IS THAT NOT ON THE REPORT?!
Me: Because you didn't involve me in the process as I requested, and in your haste to sell, you got incomplete data.
SI: OK WE'LL JUST ADD MORE SERVICES TO IT SO THEY DON'T GET MAD AT THE EMPTY REPORT! ADD A FIREWALL RULE REVIEW!
Me: No.
SI: WHY NOT?! THIS HAS TO BILL BEFORE END OF MONTH!!1
Me: Because you didn't involve me in the process as I requested, and in your haste to sell, you failed to notice that we are replacing their current firewall.
SI: DO IT ANYWAYS.
Me: No. I'm going to deliver an empty report, and you're going to charge the customer $4000, and if the customer complains, you can explain to them that because you didn't involve me in the process as I requested, and in your haste to sell...

Ok, so that last part hasn't happened...

Yet...

No comments: