Friday, October 13, 2006

Ownage Explaination

I've received a few e-mails regarding Parlee Posit #1337. People are wondering how someone could steal passwords so easily, and if doing so really is as easy as is implied in the (entirely fictional) posit.

Normally, I would go into a techinical explaination of exactlly how this takes place. However, I feel compelled to answer that a magician never reveals his secrets...

Lucky for you guys, I'm not a magician.

Here's a short comic I prepaired illustrating exactly how one preforms a man-in-the-middle attack to hijack, monitor, and modify traffic. Enjoy!























I think that was clear enough. The hacker would tell the victim that he was the gateway, and after that, the victim would send all internet-bound traffic to the hacker, who could do anything he wanted to the traffic before forwarding it off to the real gateway for processing.


... Aw, what the hell!
*ExistingThing vanishes in a puff of logic*
(actually he just goes to visit Tam's site)

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Actually, I do know a bit of magic; but I didn't want to bring that up because it didn't suit where I was going with this...

Fletch said...

I'd also like to point out that I had a tough time posting this because I kept busting up.

Oh yeah, I laugh at my own jokes...