Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Completed mostly free light table

As I said in my earlier post, I wanted to freely obtain a fluorescent light bulb to make this entire project cost-free. I waited, and waited to no avail. (Though I did spot a discarded microwave and coffee maker. Both very tempting...) A different requirement necessitated the purchase of some fluorescent lights, so I bought a 3 pack. So, the light table wasn't completely free; but it was close enough!


It's pretty self-explanatory, but I used some thick posterboard for the base, and hot glued the fixture to the board to keep it from sliding around to places less prepared for the mild temperatures generated by the bulb. I bit a chunk out of the housing for the cord so it would go back together properly.


Seems to be working rather well!

Ain't recycling fun?

No comments: