Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ain't technology great? -_-;;

For being such a high tech kind of guy; people are often suprised to find that I'm never running in circles after the newer better smaller faster unneccessarily-featured white rabbit of new technology.

I used to be like that; but wised up around when I started to understand purpose of Linux. (It was not a coincidence)

The old maxim is; If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
The engineer maxim is; If it ain't broke; fix it till it is!

What prompted this? Well, we got cable last Saturday, and I thought that I should see what's on teevee in the morning. After a few minutes of flipping through hundreds of channels of crap, I settled on the Oxygen network to watch Xena (I couldn't stop laughing; how could I NOT watch it?) Half way through Xena, I decided to hit the cartoon network on-demand section, and as I was thumbing through the selections the cable box crashed... So now, my teevee is rebooting... Let me say that again; My television... is... rebooting
Sweet fancy Moses.

Soon we'll be downloading firmware updates for our toasters, and logging in to our refrigerators.

Less is more, people.

Less is more.

PS: on demand centeral is still down; but I can see the specific on demand channels. I'm going to watch some Ghost in the Shell.

No comments: