Monday, December 06, 2004

The first few months...

They say the first few months of after moving in are the most difficuilt... in regard to money... after move-in fees (?) and down payments (wtf?!) etc,etc,bs... you find yourself rather pinched for the first few months. We've figured out the finances a few times (cuz I worry like that) and we are in for another tight month, then smooth sailing! Cool, yes?

Not really...

No big deal if the rest of this month is going to be a little tough, but it DOES become kind of a big deal when that month happens to contain christmas...

ERT!

We had delusions of a house-warming party... maybe it was just me who was delusional... all the people we know and care about would come over and visit, they'd see the place, munch on some hours-derves, (I know I got the "hours" right...) hang out, and have a good old time.

But then...!

No money for hours-howeveryouspellthem-s, no microwave to heat any food in, no method of entertaining our guests, and certainly not enough room for more than 8 people at a time. (Hire a bouncer and form a line?)

*Sigh* right now, we're living on our combined income, and mine (being larger) is going toward paying bills, which leaves us to live off of my girlfriend's income...

Immasculating? yes.

This is difficuilt enough without my girlfriend having to give me $20 for gas before I leave for work... Which reminds me, I need to get gas. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for women's rights, and I IN NO WAY believe that women are inferior, but it's just difficuilt as a man to feel like I'm not providing for our household...

I suppose I'll have to get over it...

In the meantime, we're eating instant anything. 5 instant noodle bowls for $2! We can't afford NOT to! Although I question what warrents a noodle bowl to cost $0.40 I probably shouldn't ask, someone might answer...

Tea is very filling...

Good heavens, that's all I can stand... Out.

No comments: