Friday, March 06, 2009

What an amazing time to live in.

I was going to buy something the other day, and realized that the smart and final I usually go to closed down. So I picked up my cell phone, opened google maps, typed in "Smart and final," clicked on the one I wanted to go to, and clicked "call." I spoke to a woman there, and she said they had what I was looking for.

What an amazing time to live in.

I shared my amazement with a coworker, and he related a similar story, wherein he was stuck in traffic, typed in "thai," got a list of nearby thai food places, clicked one an exit ahead, phoned in an order, and took the next exit to pick up his food and get back on the freeway.

This is incredible goddamnit! Do you remember what we were doing 20 years ago?! Compared to today, we were practically squatting in a ditch eating berries!

Don't take the apparently little things for granted.

1 comment:

firefighter4884 said...

technology is great until it stops working...or you end up not having it.