Saturday, March 21, 2009

I bought ammo at walmart!

AMAZING!

Walmart has been bone-dry since the elections, save for a few 20 packs of some esoteric hunting rounds, or small containers of CCI .22. The answer was always the same... "Just keep calling." Well, a bit ago, I figured what the hell, called, and caught them with 4 packs of Federal .22 550 bulk. One high-speed chase later, they were in my hot little hands.

Apparently word got out that they'd have a shipment in early this morning, and there was a line when they opened, sucking up all the bulk .22, and winchester white box bulk packs of 9mm, .40, and .45. The four boxes of Federal .22 were all that was left of the shipment.

Nowadays I look at the contents of my safe, and can't keep my mind from wandering back to something Oleg did a while ago.

I want to laugh.

I want to be enjoying a drink with a fellow gun owner, and say, "Hey, remember when Obama came into office? And we all freaked out, thinking he was going to take our guns, or tax them into oblivion?" Then I want that fellow gun owner to smile broadly and say, "Boy were we wrong!" Then I want us to have a good laugh about our overreaction.

I'd love a living in clover beneath cloudless skies.

But preparedness is called preparedness for a reason. The possibility, however remote, of being without a gun and ammo is not the same as the possibility of being without a golf club and bag. The gun is civilization for a reason.

And as someone once said; the neat thing about stockpiling guns, food, and gold, is that if you're wrong; you still have guns, food, and gold.

No comments: