Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This just in: Murphy's Laws still active!

I misplaced my Leatherman Surge (the only REAL Leatherman multitool), and had been forced to use my Skeletool where it was not the best tool for the job. I waited a few months, and periodically went on the hunt for the Surge. It's a big tool in a small apartment, yet it repeatedly eluded my search.

So finally I gave up. I bought one on ebay last night (for a good price, too!), and was confident that my current Surge would either turn up in a very unexpected place when we eventually moved, or fail to turn up entirely.

I don't suppose I have to tell you what happened today.

It wouldn't have been so bad, had it not been in a place I checked frequently on past occasions, and IN PLAIN SIGHT. Surely something was recently moved to reveal it, but I'd been through and through that desk to no avail.

It's not so bad I suppose. I hold the Surge in high regard, and have recently taken to buying doubles or triples of objects that I like. It always sucks to enjoy a tool or article of clothing for so long, lose it, and discover it is no longer available for purchase.

Besides, the Surge is a very legitimate tool of impressive design and indisputable usefulness; and when it comes to such tools, two is one and one is none.

No comments: