Friday, October 17, 2008

MiniDiscs from heaven

Minidiscs didn't catch on here in America. Which made it even stranger for me to see an unmarked minidisc lying on the ground in a parking lot.

Even stranger was that it was good.

It was some Japanese band with a good beat, and I'm not sure if it was the novelty, or that it was found music, but I loved it.

Thanks to the internet I was able to find some info on the group, and one of the songs on youtube. Gotta love the internet.

Namie Amuro - Respect the Power of Love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Namie Amuro!? She was just rocketing to the top while I was living in Japan. Whoa...way cool to see she is still SUGOI! Sue me on the spelling, translation = MEGA COOL SUPAH STAH!!!

"Don't Wanna Cry" was her BIG break through hit. Then "Let's Do the Motion" and "Private" and pretty much the entire "Sweet 19 Blues" album.

She's had many more hits along the decade+ I've known of her. It is fun to hear the directions she has taken her music.

I highly recommend her work as a glimpse out from our myopic perspective.

GoingThere

ps...Had a mini-disc while over there. Cool technology way ahead of it's time but it got displaced by CD/DVD. tsk tsk
gt

Anonymous said...

500 years later...wonder where you found it. It might've been mine!!

Fletch said...

Found it in southern california, if it's yours I'd be happy to finally return it!