Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gimme somethin' ta learn!

I finally got some other nonsense out of the way at work, and am free to do more coding work. But as I learn more about the direction the software is taking, I'm realizing I'm probably going to have to use Java for continuing development. I've used a bit of Java in the past. I don't much care for it. Honestly, though, Java developers annoy me even more than the language. Saying Java is the best because it works on all platforms is like saying anal sex is the best because it works on all sexes. It's the lack of definition that makes Java a jack of all trades and a master of none.

The further I dug into the software developer kit, the more likely it was that I was going to have to learn Java. Damnit. I express my dismay to a coworker, and go get a soda for the learning process that was about to start.

When I left I realized I was excited and happy. I wasn't doing the nonsense work anymore, and I was doing what I wanted. I was excited to have something new to learn. Even if it was Java.

I returned to the NOC with a spring in my step, ready to begin a worthy challenge.

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

So to follow the conclusion through, java is like...anal sex? ;-) JK!
Good to learn new things even if they're sometimes dumbass things!