Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Toys and Tools

I bought my first set of vernier caliper on my lunch break for a project.

I quickly returned to my car and read the instructions on how to... measure stuff.

After my lunch break was over I returned to work, and found myself wishing I could measure the items around my desk.

Why? I don't know. It's just a tool for measuring stuff...

...To the hundredth of an inch!
With a dial for estimation to the thousandth!


I'm playing with it now. :D

such a geek

UPDATE: a widemouth can opening is about .924 inches wide. I was going to compare it to a regularmouth (???) can, but every can we have is widemouth. When did that happen?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most useful for measuring case length, neck thickness, overall bullet length, etc.

blogagog said...

I didn't even know they made calipers out of veneer.