Saturday, June 30, 2007

Paintballing tomorrow

Finally going paintballing again. We leave tomorrow for jungle island. My paintballing friends tell me they're going to have an all mech group to play. Honestly, I prefer playing electros only because dumping paint makes them sloppy. It's a lot of fun to let someone pound ropes of paint into your bunker, and snap shot them out with a pump.

I realize I've never posted any pictures of my markers, so I'll do that while I clean...

Click any pictures for larger size.

Here's the Tippmann 98 custom with it's guts spilled all over everywhere...


The cleaned marker with assembled internals


Assembled and completed...


And closer...


Now I disassemble my Phantom for cleaning...

And realize that I forgot the part that I always forget on the Tippmann...

The ball detent. (the orange thingy)


Pull the Tippmann back apart... And put it in its place... There!


There it is in there.


Now the Phantom assembled again...


And again.


And my Chipley S5 pump, which wasn't that dirty so it only got a barrel swap, a wipe down, and an oiling.



Ok, all done.

I feel like I should post more, but I've got nothing.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Awesome! I love my Phantom. That Chipley looks cool, too. Don't have one of those, but I do have an old pump action Tippmann. :D

Nothing feels better than shaming the guy who's got a $1500 electro with your 15 year-old pumpgun. The Tippmann SL-68II followed by my Phantom. I've got the constant-feed and stock class bodies for it.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3035824

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3035801

99% of the time, I just use the stock Phantom barrel. It's just that good.

I don't know if you can still get 'em, but look around for a Sheridan P68 stock class. I've got one of those, too, great stocker, but slow to swap CO2s...

Unknown said...

Nice maintenance work, and it’s certainly true that matches with electros can turn into slog-fests (Tippmann 98 is no exception to the rule). Usually I find a happy medium with pump paint shotguns; questionable aim but still requires the timing!