Monday, August 03, 2009

Cash for "Clunkers"

Watch as this old junky "clunker" is destroyed in the governmentally required fashion.


You know, somehow that looked like a pretty new car. BUT! The government says it's a "clunker" and they know better than I.

Who is it that complains about our waste and excess again?

Is this not a perfect symbol of decadence?

The destruction of a perfectly good car so we can buy new ones?

Our tax dollars at work.

Well, at least we're helping out the auto companies. Who owns those again?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Wow. That's a twin-turbo Volvo. It can't be much older than a 2000. I can't come up with a model number off the top of my head, but I'm thinking S80.

"Clunker"? Well, Volvos are pretty much pieces of crap, but you're right; that's a fairly new car.

I don't like Volvos, but I really dislike wanton destruction of just about anything, which is all this is.