Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quote of The Jovian Thunderbolt

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of The Jovian Thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object
~Col. Jeff Cooper - The Art of the Rifle

3 comments:

Top of the Chain said...

By God, that is what I am talking about, when my friend gives me a rash of bullcrap for naming my pistol. I haven't found a suitable name for my 10/22 yet, YET. But you darn well better believe that when inspiration strikes, I'll know. BTW, you're quote about putting wear on your gun til it wags it's tail at you inspired my blog piece.

davidwhitewolf said...

Y'all notice that your SD Sheriff candidate William Gore was one of the FBI agents in the "shoot on sight" chain? Col. Cooper made no bones about his astonishment that Horiuchi is still walking around alive; I'd think he'd have had similar comments about Mr. Gore.

See: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=167834

davidwhitewolf said...

Well, that didn't work. The link is:

http://www.calguns.net/
calgunforum/showthread.php?t=167834