Thursday, November 13, 2008

Welcome to ObamaNation...

Check your dissent at the door.

Tolerance fails T-shirt test
A Middle School girl in Chicago decides to put the new tolerant, accepting post-Obama America to the test by wearing a pro McCain t-shirt to school one day, then a pro-Obama t-shirt the next.
His campaign kept preaching "inclusion," and she decided to see how included she could be.
[snip]
"I was just really curious how they'd react to something that different [a "McCain Girl" t-shirt], because a lot of people at my school wore Obama shirts and they are big Obama supporters," Catherine told us. "I just really wanted to see what their reaction would be."

In the brave new Obama World, everyone is tolerant, and accepting.... Unless you disagree.

The first day with the McCain t-shirt;
"People were upset. But they started saying things, calling me very stupid, telling me my shirt was stupid and I shouldn't be wearing it," Catherine said.
...
"One person told me to go die. It was a lot of dying. A lot of comments about how I should be killed," Catherine said, of the tolerance in Oak Park.
...
"In one class, I had one teacher say she will not judge me for my choice, but that she was surprised that I supported McCain," Catherine said.
...
"He said, 'You should be crucifixed.' It was kind of funny because, I was like, don't you mean 'crucified?' " Catherine said.
...
Some said that because she supported McCain, by extension she supported a plan by deranged skinheads to kill Obama before the election.


Why, what ever happened to tolerance? Certainly this must be a fluke. Wait, we've seen this before. But not from children, from adults.

The next day she wore an Obama shirt. I don't think I have to tell you what happened. Or rather; what DIDN'T happen.

...and she turned her journal into a report for her history teacher, earning Catherine extra credit. We asked the teacher, Norma Cassin-Pountney, whether it was ironic that Catherine would be subject to such intolerance from pro-Obama supporters in a community that prides itself on its liberal outlook.

"That's what we discussed," Cassin-Pountney said about the debate in the classroom when the experiment was revealed. "I said, here you are, promoting this person [Obama] that believes we are all equal and included, and look what you've done? The students were kind of like, 'Oh, yeah.' I think they got it."

...and the children will lead them.

...hopefully.

No comments: