Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bill Ruger's rolling around in his grave

...and that warms my heart.

Ruger selling Mini-14 with 20 round magazine

Ok. I'll end my boycott on Ruger.

Mark III, GP100, and SP101, are go.

“no honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun…” and “I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 and 30 round magazines…”. It has long been Ruger’s policy to limit sales of those items to Law Enforcement or Military purchasers”


Fuck Bill Ruger. I hesitated at my use of harsh language, but anyone who calls a citizen with more than 10 rounds in a magazine dishonest (and likely means much worse) deserves scorn. Call me a criminal because I have magazines that holds more than 10 rounds? Fuck you, and fuck anyone who insists an American must argue a need for anything they might want.

I might have to buy a Mini-14 just so I can have a high regular capacity magazine with the Ruger name on it.

Err-- shit. Forgot I still live in Ca which restricts purchase of regular capacity magazines... No thanks to Bill Ruger. I don't care, I'll just offer to buy one for someone out of state.

UPON FURTHER REFLECTION: Is the above paragraph healthy? I'm willing to give money away simply to spite a dead man. That's gotta be a mania of some sort...

4 comments:

blogagog said...

This post is too ambiguous. I can't tell if you are a fan of Bill Ruger or not.

Fletch said...

I could have used more colorful language, which would have made my feelings very clear, but I like to keep my readers guessing. :)

Anonymous said...

Is the above paragraph healthy?

Of course it is, you are not spiting him but his views, values and the people still alive that supported him! And celebrating that his influence has finally waned!

Josh said...

You don't want a Mini-14.

Wait...*Jedi hand wave*

Nope, you still don't want one. There are other, better rifles to buy where regular capacity magazines are available.

And if you do decide you have to have one, I'll sell you mine. Its a 181-series and works with...interesting...stocks, and such.