Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Use of Force

The armed Canadian isn't mincing words on the use of force.

For anyone who thinks guns are evil, let me tell you what will happen if someone breaks into my house in the dead of night and I wake up and see them coming towards me or my own.

I am going to kill them. With vigor.


Break into my house with malice in your heart and you are going to die. It is not a threat. It is a promise.

I am not interested in understanding what drove this criminal to break into my house. I don't care about your tough childhood and your crack habit. Or the fact that you liked by car in the driveway and figured my house was an easy mark. If you smash my door in or break a window, you've essentially announced your morals and intentions to me and you just gambled in a game that I guarantee you are going to lose.


I'd rather be alive and dealing with the financial and legal troubles that follow than dead and pure for not having a gun and using it when it counted. I hope I never do but I am prepared to do so.

Ask yourself which you prefer.


I echo his sentiment. Please give him a read. Keep your head in the game, and remember the big picture.

I don't do much blog reading outside the ones in the list on the right, but I think I need to head over there and see what he's all about.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Wow. That's a great post over there.

Finally got around to commenting.

defiant_infidel said...

Marvelous. And well stated. But an "armed Canadian"??? Wow. My wife would say "How did it happen?" I gotta go check this out too!