Thursday, April 26, 2007

I <3 my 1911

My XD is no longer my go-to gun for most handgun situations. My 1911 has chiseled out a place in my heart.

I used to just like my 1911. It's a mil-spec, it's somewhat historical, and it's pretty cool. I'm not sure how the change occurred because I haven't been shooting it as much lately because of .45 ammo prices and my extra 9mm ammo. Somehow while only handling it and thinking about it the 1911 forced its way into my #1 slot. It just grew on me. I just love the way it feels, the way it handles, the way it points, and the way it conceals. I also love the way it's tough, this is no show piece. No bells or whistles here, this 1911 means business.

Hey, look what we've got here? I'm on my lunch break playing with a digital camera and look who showed up?

Click for huge size!

Look at the gun powder that worked its way into the checkers on the grip where my fingers go.

No comments: