Friday, March 03, 2006

OC Asylum, and getting plastered.

A friend of mine is opening up a paintball park called the OC Asylum in Anaheim. I helped them open it up two weeks ago, and we got to play there for a bit a week ago. It's an outdoor, astroturfed, netted soccer field converted to one big airball field (with extra netting of course). After we played (awesome) we went to my friends place to watch movies, drink and hang out. On the way home I saw more cops and more cops pulling people over than I'd seen in about a month. When we got to my friend's place, I prefaced the evening with "I hope you're all comfortable, because the city is crawling with cops, and no one's going anywhere without getting pulled over..." Aaaand so, free to drink it up, knowing we'd be staying over for the night, we proceded to... well, drink up.

We started around 10ish, and by 11:30, we were gone. Not "buzzed" or "interesting" or "drunk" but about as gone as you can be without falling over and vomiting on yourself. It was the drunkest I'd ever been, and it was fun because it was with friends.

The next morning we drove home (sober) and slept until 1pm. It was fun, but I'm not much of a drinker, and couldn't help think it was a bit excessive. In the future I'd think twice before doing it again, but I think I still would (with friends).

That evening we were talking about drinking, and after some thought I found that I don't agree with the idea of "unwinding" with a beer every day after work. Once in a while is one thing, but every day is another. Unwind with some hot cocoa or tea, just don't grow to depend on that slight buzz to get you relaxed for bed.

No comments: