Friday, March 03, 2006

Add SMS to your scripts


http://sms.toolbar.google.com:80/send/sms?client=firefox_sms_but&
numsms=phonenumber&carriersms=carrier&
msgsms=message&sendsms=Send+message
One line

The phone number must be US with the area code, (555) 555-5555 should be 5555555555 in the URL.
The carrier is the provider, sprint, cingular, etc. Enter it in all caps.
The message must have spaces seperated by "+" and non-letter characters printed as their hex equivalent.
Hence:
omg my computer is talking to me!
Would be:
omg+my+computer+is+talking+to+me%21

Sample:

http://sms.toolbar.google.com:80/send/sms?client=firefox_sms_but&
numsms=3215551234&carriersms=SPRINT&
msgsms=test%21+oorgle+woot%21%3F&sendsms=Send+message
One Line

If you want to tie it into a script just cURL it or get() it, and send off your message! I'd even recommend using tinyurl.com to shorten specific messages to make the procesing easier.

Oh yeah, were I so inclined I'd post the tinyurl to message obscene things to Jack "Sue it if it moves" Thompson. Fortunately for him, I am not. Though I wouldn't mind it.

No comments: