Monday, October 04, 2004

Interesting trick...

I was reading a magazine article about a study that they did
did on whether or not people really paid attention to what they
they were reading. The results of which seemed to prove that
that people don't really comprehend what they're reading about
about, but another study proved that the original test was
was flawed, because it ran a test similar to this paragraph and
and it did not really test comprehension, rather it proved that
that our brains gloss over this type of trick because that's just
just the way it works.

75% of people didn't notice that the word that ended one line
line was repeated in the beginning of the next line.

3 comments:

Fletch said...

what a way to pad an essay with a word number requirement =)

nebraska girl said...

I must be weird, because I noticed the repeating words. Just stumbled upon your blog and love it btw. Decided to read through all the old posts.

Fletch said...

Clearly you are reading intently. :)

Thanks for the compliments! I barely know what it is I'm doing here, so it's always good to know some people are making sense of my ramblings.