Wednesday, October 03, 2012

It's a Girl*!



We found out two weeks before we left, but we had been trying for some time, and decided not to give up just because of something minor like quitting my job and moving cross country to fates and fortunes unknown.

We joked that the life change wasn't big enough so we decided to have a baby too.

I can't wait to meet Peanut (she was the size of a peanut in our first pictures of her, and the name stuck), I only wish I could have done more to make this world a better place. I wasn't kidding in my Romney post, I'd much rather be the generation that has to struggle through hardship than let it be hers.

None of this is her fault, but she's going to have to deal with it. Someone's going to have to explain why she owed $51,000 before she made it home from the hospital.

Not to put a damper on the festivities, I'm just really worried about the future of this country.

* Probably. The technician was 80% sure

3 comments:

Fletch said...

I've been reading some Fatherhood books, and have been unsettled by the low standard of involvement expected.

"If you're the highest tier of father, you may even know your child's pediatrician, or attend doctor's visits."

PROTIP: We know that most fathers can't be expected to acknowledge the existence of, or make eye contact with their children until they turn 18, but do your best to make it seem like it's not on purpose!

o_O;;

Lucas Darr said...

Congratulations!

defiant_infidel said...

YOU are going to be a daddy??

My good friend, reading this excellent news gives me some renewed faith in the chances for tomorrow!

Congratulations, E.T.!!!

(Here's some news for you... MY son will be five years old later this month! HA! ...now you're surprised, too!)