Monday, May 11, 2009

Red Stripe Weekend



It was Friday night, and I needed a beer.

It is infrequent that I would crave it, being somewhat new to beer.

I got home at about 10:30, and we were off to the local market to buy the makings of dinner, and some beer.

Finding their selection lacking, I went for a 12 pack of Red Stripe. I had had one in the past, and found it downright tolerable, which meant it qualified.

Minutes later, my fiancee and I were knocking them back with ease. It was good beer. Not bitter, smooth, and refreshing. Plus it comes in a funny little bottle!



By the end of the case, I was a little worried about tomorrow.

I don't normally get hangovers, but that might be because I normally drink mixed drinks. In a recent experience, I drank one can of Budweiser, and felt worse the next day than when I had downed the better part of a bottle of vodka.

Red Stripe was new territory, and I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

The next morning I woke up feeling pretty good. Half a glass of water later, I felt great! Red Stripe didn't use cheap alcohol, so no bad effects.

Saturday night, we hung out with some friends, and when we stopped on the way over to pick up some beer, I grabbed another case of Red Stripe. It went over well with everyone else, and went down easily. (Plus it comes in a funny little bottle)

I got quite drunk.

Which isn't really that big of a deal, since I'm a bit of a light weight, but I usually don't care to drink enough beer to get drunk off of it.

We finished the case, and the other beer too, so we did the only sane thing to do in that situation; we stumbled to the store at the corner to buy more Red Stripe!

The next morning, I needed only half a glass of water to kick the slight dehydration, and I was ready to go! We went to stores, played games, saw Star Trek, and generally had a great time.

Red Stripe is the quality stuff, and I'll definitely be picking it up in the future.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

How about you pick up the 8 left over at my place...hmmmmmm....

Anonymous said...

You youngins need to get with the leaving refreshments at parties rules. Beer that is left behind is free to consume unless otherwise briefed. Thirst quencher, pippin plier, marinade, fire douser, fertilizer or just a reminder of being totally pwned by an ADULT (read old) the leavings are yours.

With one OBVIOUS caveat, unless you are a Canadian beer snob. eh!?