Thursday, May 07, 2009

Not eating less, just less calories

I've been taking lunch to work for a while now, and noticed my waistline has been responding. The weird thing was that I thought I was eating more than I would normally have eaten from a fast food place.

Then it occurred to me that it wasn't the amount of food, it was the quality.

One volume of food, in the form of a (dinosaur shaped) pb&j sandwich, cheez-its, snack pack applesauce and pudding, probably had half the calories of the exact same volume of food from the local fast food place.

I'm full (actually, I usually can't even finish all the lunch), it's cheaper, and it's better for me. Win, win, freaking-win.

The little things, and all that.


(It's bittersweet when you realize that losing love handles means printing more.)

2 comments:

AMB said...

Does it mean printing more? I'm just starting to lose some reasonable amounts of weight and I kind of assumed that it would mean printing less. I usually carry three o'clock IWB, and my chub kind of pushes the grip out a little bit.

I guess I kind of assumed that, absent that effect, the pistol would lie more smoothly, hence printing less.

Side question: I wonder if anyone's done a good article on carry for fat people versus carry for skinny people?

Fletch said...

I use a very low carry for my 1911 IWB (usually mexican), so my... "handle" pushes over it slightly, and pulls the cloth of my shirt out so it falls loosely over the butt. Less handle, means the cloth is closer to my body, and sticks out, over the butt. Similar effect with my snubby with the clipdraw.