Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Kentucky

Ok, so I'm going to Kentucky to visit with my girlfriend's mom for 5 days.

While the lure of the country was never something I found particularly aluring(sp?) I have yet to experience the... well... experience.

I'm kind of looking forward to it. It's turned into a bit of a vacation during which I'm unsure what I'll occupy myself with. I'd happily bring a set of unfinished projects, however I'd be inclined to think that bringing them would only make me inclined to, you know... *do* them.

In short, I don't know what I'll be doing on this vacation, and I'm not entirely sure that I'd like to.

The past two days at work have been especially taxing (short staffed), and I worry that the remaining 3 days will be difficult for my coworkers. I, however, guiltily savor my escape.

I've been neglecting my drawings for some time, and think they deserve more attention than I've been giving them. Additionally, I've been furiously using my moleskin book to jot down the little bits of nonsense that float to the top of my brain. Both endevors have been fulfilling (and suprisingly fruitful), and I (unofficially) plan to pursue them in my down time.

Another concern of mine is that I *greatly* dislike checking luggage. This is not a problem of packing space, but a problem of what I can't bring with me. If I'm only using carry-ons, I'd have to board the plane sanstools. No knife, pocket knife, swiss card, or multi-tool. I'm *very* rarely without my Benchmade knife. This prospect worries me, but only slightly, as I'm also interested in seeing how it is to be tool-less for 5 days. I'm sure I could do no better than finding it inconveniencing, but suspect I'm only placating myself in preparation for what could prove to be an uncomfortable period.

I'll add my moleskin entries in when I get back, and try to upload some artwork. Thanks for reading.

No comments: