Tuesday, January 19, 2010

California tax traps

We've been an LLC for one day, and we've already been burned by California. :)

Nothing too serious, thankfully. Just an expense we thought we'd be avoiding, but it gets tacked on anyway.

Just goes to show; no matter how many people you trust say something, it's always worth your time to do a fucking Google search.

I feel wiser.

But it's that don't-touch-the-hot-stove kind of wiser that you still resent just a little bit.

Some folks are going to get a phone call tomorrow...

Update: Goddamnit. Turns out this will cost more than expected. I begin to doubt the proficiency of the people I've been talking to. Le sigh.

Update again! Wow. There is a staggering amount of misinformation out there. I guess I shouldn't be so upset the people I was talking to weren't 100% clear. We're paying for an hour of a corporate accountant's time so we can get recommendations from someone who really knows. Hell, we might even pay for a second opinion.

No comments: