Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Getting back up to speed

Last month has been demanding, last two weeks have been exhausting, this month is shaping up to be a busy one already. But this is work-for-your-new-small-business-busy, not just life-busy. Any of that kind of work is good work. Made four business calls just today, took furious notes, and coordinated people. Started to feel in my element. It's a good feeling.

Anyway, I've been so busy I haven't even had time to catch up on my favorite blogs and webcomics, so if I've been missed on your comment pages, my apologies.

I've been insta-blogging lately, but I just haven't been gripped by anything enough to get long-winded. Dunno if that's good or bad. Whatever.

One gunny high point was me getting a gun I've wanted for years.

The choice may seem surprising since it's not technically a practical rifle, considering today's alternatives. Frankly, I was considering skipping this rifle entirely, and going for its evolutionary successor, but that would cost twice as much. So I went for it, and boy do I love my CMP service grade Garand. More fawning later.

The Space Gun is at S&W getting repaired, and I expect it back next week. I'm still working on a good pattern for the dazzle camouflage I'm going to give it. It's going to be sweet.

I'll try to finish up some of the posts I have sitting in the draft folder, but I promise nothing. :)

1 comment:

Davidwhitewolf said...

Congratulations on the Garand! Pics are needed, yes indeed.

Good to see your business succeeding as well.