Friday, February 22, 2008

I just calls 'em like I sees 'em

Susan? It's been so long! What have you been up to?

Oh, hi James. Nothing really; I'm just getting some things for a dinner tonight.

Hot date? Good for you!

Well...

"Well" what?.. Wait-- you're not still with your old boyfriend, GOP?

Well, yes. We got back together.

Susan. You know what he did to you for those years.

No, it's OK now! He promised it'd be different this time. He's more compassionate now. Plus we have a good shot at some supreme court justices!

But McCain is-- is that a black eye?

Oh, well, yes. But it was my fault. We were talking politics, and I brought up spending, and the department of education, and the prescription drug benefit program, and then... Well. I shouldn't have questioned the party like that. I deserved it.

No you didn't! You can't let yourself be victimized like this! You deserve better!

But it's not like there are other winning parties out there! It's OK, he says things will be better once McCain wins.

You know that's not true. Look, I'll drive you back, and you pack your things. You need to get out of this destructive relationship!

I can't! He said if I leave him, the terrorists win!

There will always be terrorists, and there will always be excuses, but it's up to you to decide when enough is enough! The only person who will win if you stay, is him. You may have loved each other once, but HE changed, not you!

No comments: