Monday, February 11, 2008

Huffing and Puffing

While searching for a particular bit of writing at Marko's place, I found an old post on getting back into running. It seemed like a sound plan, so I've started the Couch-to-5K plan.

It sucks to realize you have the lung capacity of a chain smoking 3 year old. Especially when you used to run a lot.

I was dying the first two sessions, but finished per the instructions. This morning was the third session, and I noticed a slight improvement in my running. More notable was my elevated energy level afterwards. It's a good feeling I used to enjoy when I would work out 3 times a week with my sister before her work hours changed. Definitely worth the investment of a mere 20 minutes three times a week.

If you can't find 20 minutes to improve yourself three times a week; you're lying.

No comments: