Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The new job is looking good

The commute is considerably shorter than I had expected, which is much appreciated.

I still haven't gotten the hang of the "regular people" schedule of 8-5, so I'm tired when I should be awake, and awake when I should be tired.

The company won a few "best place to work" awards, and it's not hard to see why. This place rocks.

The work is demanding, which beats the hell out of the alternative. So far, I've just been training, so I've spent most of my time straining to understand the complexities of a large business production software. The program is frickin' huge, and twice as complex in troubleshooting. I love a challenge.

The mental drain is worse than the physical drain, and it leaves me useless for blogging afterwards, so it might be a while before I return to a normal blogging schedule. I know you're all waiting on bated breath. :)

2 comments:

Gudis said...

As long as you have a consistent sleep schedule you should be fine in a couple of weeks. Fixed work schedules are awesome, I was much happier when I had one.

NotClauswitz said...

Glad it's working out! Adaptation to the regular schedule is a plus.