Thursday, July 22, 2010

Infected by the Droid

My interest was piqued. I started watching some feature videos, and I was very interested. Then I read about the ROM community, and I was extremely interested. Then I saw the linux shell underneath with scripting support, and I was sold.

Custom roms
Custom boot animations
Scripting support (incl. Perl, lua)
Open development (java based)

What's not to love?

I'll probably be going with the original Moto Droid for the extensive 3rd party ROM support, and keyboard.

I've been wanting to truly own my cell phone for years, and now I can!

-- Other droid phone notes --
The HTC Incredible really is. You need to play with one if you're even considering droid.
The Droid X is the monolith from 2001, but custom roms for it are not far off.
My sister took a chance on the original Motorola Droid, and has loved every minute of it. She doesn't even touch her computer anymore.

No comments: