Thursday, November 16, 2006

Waiting is the geekiest hardest part

Ok, so I'm not too proud to admit being a little JESUS CHRIST! Incredible! Ack! Don't tap on the glass! It eats BIRDS?! This shit is scary!-- *whew* Where was I before the... unpleasantness...? Ah yes. I'm not too proud to admit being a little excited about my newly purchased piece of geekery. I may, however, be too proud to admit how distracted I've been for the past few days waiting for it to arrive. I have automated scripts that don't check package status as much as I have in the past few days. Of course, the fact that UPS "rescheduled" (read: delayed) my package didn't help my impetuosity... I'm not usually this apprehensive about things I order, but I think this item is too geeky for me to let slip to the back of my mind for very long.

But it'll be coming tomorrow (knowing UPS, tomorrow before I got to work), and I'm starting to settle down...

Just the idea of all that Linuxy, geeky, wifi-y, perl scripty, openssh-y goodness is, it seems, a little bit too much for me to handle sanely. What will I do once I actually have it in my hands?

If it doesn't come tomorrow I may drive off a cliff...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you drive off a cliff, can I have it?

r_mate_e said...

I have The newest Ipaq (HP) and couldn't be happier with it. And with initial concerns, the pocket pc operation system is top notch as well. The GSM bandwidth connection is top notch, and the WIFI picks up in a suprising number of locations here in the "backward" south. I've added Opera's browser to it fot the tabbed browsing thing, and with the Pocket Office suite, and some daabase software, i can work from anywhere i have a cell connection. The world as your office cannot be beat...