Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Go my boss!

My boss has been busy and pretty much absent the past few weeks, and I've had to deal with people above or on the same level as my boss. This sucks, because I have boundaries I can't really overstep, even when some shit really needs to be said.

Last conference call, my boss kept stopping me from explaining, and laying the straight smack down on the other folks on the conference call. Basically, he stood up for me, and wasn't afraid to tell people they were wrong, and needed to shut up. All the stuff I can't technically do.

Your boss is supposed to be your buffer from the rest of the company. When your boss is absent, or fails to be that buffer, things get sucky REAL fast.

2 comments:

Fletch said...

People forget that your boss should be like your parent; protecting you from stuff, but also being stern when necessary.

All most people remember is when their boss yelled at them, but a good boss does so much more.

NotClauswitz said...

Good boss, fresh donuts! It's hard to estimate the value of a good boss - but a crappy one's non-value shows up straightaway.