Sunday, September 07, 2008

Cigarery - Punch Corona

Smoked a Punch Corona under the recommendation of a forum member.

Ungood...

I asked for spicy, and found the flavor very mild. Not entirely aromatic. I let it heat up a bit, finding it lacking in the cooler smoke, and was rewarded with displeasure.

I've been looking for something as good, as flavorful, and as spicy as the cuban I enjoyed while in Mexico, and have yet to even come close.

It should be noted that I'm quite a novice to cigar smoking, and have been refining my technique with little overall success. Though the cuban I enjoyed was the absolute first, and lacked "proper" smoking, it was tremendously enjoyable, and stayed with me for a long time. I smoked it as a formality (hell, when was I going to get a chance to smoke a cuban?), and enjoyed it so much I decided to continue with extremely occasional cigar smoking.

The search goes on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're willing to accept "peppery" as a form of spiciness (arguable, I admit), take a fresh-as-you-can-get CAO Criollo and smoke happily. The extremly pepperey flavor put me off of them for quite a while until I discovered that the pepper mellows a damn-lot over about 4-6 months. Aw, hell Brer Fox, now you've gone done thrown me back into the briar patch...er, humidor to go looking for other things what might qualify as spicy.

Fletch said...

Much obliged stingray!

Honestly, its been so long I can't recall if it was peppery, or just a different kind of spicy... I just remember that after I finished the cigar, for months, I would crave another, and as soon as I thought about it I would remember the flavor and begin salivating.

No cigar since has done the same.

NotClauswitz said...

I can't do cigars much other than Arturo Fuentes' - the smaller ones like the Short Stories. Other cigars don't do it, and Maduros are a bit overwhelming.