Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No, YOU!!!!

First some background; I work in a NOC and we all suffer from lack of Vitamin D due to lack of windows, so we are usually a bit silly. (We're usually insane by Friday) One of the things we do, is play a simple game where we imply that the speaker is the one who did or was the thing the speaker mentioned.

Confused? Me too.

Examples;
"I caught you a delicious bass."
"YOU'RE a delicious bass!"

"You want a soda?"
"No, YOU want a soda!"

"Damn, my mouse's batteries are dead!"
"No, YOUR batteries are dead!

"I almost got hit by a car!"
"No, YOU almost got hit by a car!... No, wait."
"No, YOU 'no, wait'!"
"No, YOU 'No, YOU'!"

Etc.

what? there are no windows!

A coworker came in and said "Damn it, [my name]!"
Me: Hello to you too!
Co: Thanks to you, I got in trouble last night!
Me: I try. What exactly did I do?
Co: My girl was looking at a water bottle and said, "This water bottle is shaped funny." And before I could think I said, "YOU'RE shaped funny!"--
Me: *uncontrolled laughter for 2 minutes*
Co: It took me forever to explain that to her!

We have fun.

1 comment:

No Names Necessary said...

We're still stuck on the "your mom is a funny shape". We haven't yet graduated to "you"..."You" is much more straightforeward...we prefer the passive aggressive digs at the parents.