Monday, August 20, 2007

Israeli Trauma Bandage

I knew these were supposed to be great, but I had no idea they did so much!

Check out this video on the characteristics and application of the bandage. (from here) Pretty cool stuff.

I was always bothered by the idea of having little more than gauss and medical tape to take care of large wounds, and knew that constant pressure would still be required. This bandage seems to solve all those things handily.

I'm going to have to go pick up a few from none other than my favorite retailer of odd wares; CountyComm.

Hat Tip to SurvivalBlog for the awesome movie link. (and for general awesomeness)

6 comments:

blogagog said...

"I was always bothered by the idea of having little more than gauss and medical tape to take care of large wounds"

Let me guess. You're an electrical engineer? ;)

John R said...

Add a quickclot or two to your bag and you are good to go.

blogagog said...

his gaussian bag?

blogagog said...

I can't believe ET hasn't caught that yet. It's the funniest typo I've seen in years.

blogagog said...

It was a dark and stormy night. The krauts had just launched a volly with their howitzers, and they left me bereft of my left leg. The pain!

Just then, a nurse showed up and said she'd cover my trauma with gauss. Having truly hated the electrical engineering courses I'd been forced to take (imaginary numbers?!? Imagine this! [picture deleted]) i forcefully explained that there was no way in heck that she was going to cover me with the long dead corpse of Gauss.

It's at that point she explained that she only wanted to surround my trauma with a gaussian sphere and do some electrical engineering mojo on it. The leg ended up growing back, but nevertheless I still don't trust electrical engineers. If they worshipped Fornier or Bernouli as they should, it would be one thing. But they worship the heart of evil (also known as Gauss)!

Hey, is it ok to dang a profession to heck on this blog? Just trying to get clarity before I do it.

Fletch said...

(I was going to correct the typo, but now I want to leave it just to see what else Blogi will write. Shhhhh!) :)