Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Political Junkie, or Concerned Citizen?

This morning, for the first time ever, I got up, made a bee-line for the computer, and checked my favorite blogs for the latest on all things political. I wanted to know what the latest was on the economy, the health care bill, cap and trade, national CCW reciprocity, and on, and on, and on...

I zealously watched representatives be laughed at and mocked by their constituents when they tried to defend the indefensible, and convince the inconvincible.

I chuckled at the new RNC ad cleverly casting the health care reform bill as a pill with very nasty side-effects.

I read with concern as Obama continued to reveal his ineptitude and lack of understanding of the very bills he was pushing under dire threats of "collapse."

I smiled broadly as I read the national reciprocity amendment was defeated, but only by a scant two votes.

I began to get that political feeling. You know the feeling. The one that says, "Quit your job, and go work for a campaign you truly believe in. Become an active part of the solution. Get down in the trenches, and make a difference, even if it's a small one!"

But as I continued reading, all those stories put together didn't spur that feeling as much as this one did.

There, but for the grace of Google, go I.

No comments: