Wednesday, April 09, 2008

*sigh* Back into coding mode.

Not that I mind coding mode... It's just that it takes a bit to switch into it.

I was in coding mode yesterday writing some SQL queries for about 3 hours. Today, my coworker said he couldn't run the code. Somehow the stored procedure was cached for me, or something, because I would run the procedure with an EXEC, and it would work, but when he would run it, it wouldn't. The error seemed easy enough because the code broke in a way that made sense, and after about an hour of cursory testing, I finally got it working... Except the output was wrong, and in a way that DIDN'T make sense. Bugger.

I must reenter my brain's code-mode, where all the crazy shit I write makes perfect sense.

I swear, one day I'm going to be working on a particularly tough problem, and slip into a vegetative state, only to emerge days later in the hospital with the perfect code in my head. Or more likely I'll go insane, and emerge days later in a mental institution with my code written on the padded walls in crayon.

Headphones: ON
Hardcore trance: ON
Volume: UP
Zone: OUT

1 comment:

Fletch said...

Unexpected gazelle!