Wednesday, April 16, 2008

No Longer a Victim

Beth over at West, By God has an amazing post up entitled No Longer a Victim
My whole outlook on life has really changed. I feel empowered. No one can hurt me ever again. I feel safe, secure, and confident. Guns healed my wounds in some way. Being a victim is hard. Living like one is even harder, but knowing that now you will fight will everything you have changes your life. I’m not scared any more. I’m not scared to be home alone any more. I’m not scared to be out at night by my self any more. It’s the first time in my life I know I can take care of myself. And absolutely nothing feels better than that. As my counselor told me I’ve gone from victim, to survivor, to thriver. Thank you 2nd amendment, you did more than years of therapy have done.


Give her a read, it's worth your time.