Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Reality TV and reality checks

When I talk to female friends about firearms, and self-defense, I almost always encounter the dismissive, "I know how to take care of myself." These are completely unqualified statements, and as the following video will show, even qualified statements can count for very little. The issue is not necessarily real world experience, it's more the danger of overconfidence. There will always be someone bigger, stronger, faster, deadlier. Your best chance for survival is to prepare with the most effective tools available, be aware of your surroundings, and train train train.

Female reality TV stars take a self-defense class, and have their overconfidence dashed by a guy who's "like old, and everything..."

If you just can't make it through the mind-numbing BS, cut to the reality check at 2:08.

Wanna know how to escape a bear hug from the back? I can't give a 100% fool proof means of doing so, but I can promise W.E. Fairbairn knows more than some fucktard hollywood dipshit. (check page 15 for bear hug escapes)

Shamelessly stolen from Words Twice, who always has great links, and fresh snark.

No comments: