Friday, November 17, 2006

Screw the PS3, and Sony.

A coworker of mine wanted to get a PS3 and I asked him why. He really didn't have a reason, other than that it was new.

The Wii offers a new kind of gaming, using an innovative controler, and offering games that take advantage of that feature. The PS3 has... well... better graphics. Nintendo is coming out with games that push the boundaries established by years of gaming. Sony has... well... better graphics. Nintendo is trying to make their games more accessable to different age groups. Sony has... well... you know... I think time has proven that for most gamers, gameplay, not graphics, is most important. But hey; I'm sure the next RPG Sony releases will have graphics so lifelike that you'll begin to become mentally divergent. Of course, playing the game will be like driving nails into your shins, but it'll look SO awesome.

The PS3 doesn't make sense. This does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually picking a Wii up Sunday...you should give me a call.

blogagog said...

I'd be interested to hear a review of the wii by one of you. I like the idea you actually move around when playing the game. It may be possible to get an aerobic workout while you play video games if they come out with foot monitors for the wii.

That alone would be a big plus.