Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cheap, Assisted Mexican Carry

This issue came from Mexican Carry allowing the front of my XD to slip down my pants. The butt of the gun latched pretty well to my pants, but the front could easily slip down, causing the "hook" of the butt to follow it.

I have used this "clip" before. It's from a clothespin-style spring clip that was cut to leave a figure 8. The 8 was folded over itself unevenly, and became a strong way to hook things to your clothing. I used one on the small (and previously useless) keychain loop on my Victorinox so I can clip it to my back pocket without it falling sideways, and making sitting uncomfortable.

A little bit of paracord kept the gun firmly attached to the clip, and since the loop was too small for the trigger guard, I didn't have to worry about it slipping all the way through. When drawing the clip and cord either flew off and free of the gun, or stayed clipped to my pants. Not very complicated, but very effective.


As always; clicky for full size.

1 comment:

John R said...

That looks like a much better idea than the "Jamaican" carry I mentioned earlier.