Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Shame on the residents of Irvine California!

Support your local cops.

I was at Subway ordering when a cop came in. I rarely get these opportunities, so I waited for him to finish his order, and then asked if I could pay for his lunch. He said it was alright, but I insisted, and he gave in. He said he appreciated it and that this was the first time anyone had bought him lunch!

C'mon people! Your local cops are out there every day, dealing with all kinds of bullshit so you don't have to. They don't know what's going to happen when they pull over a car for a broken tail light. It's a hard job with long hours that isn't paid nearly enough for the job they have to do.

Show them some love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pfft, only if I know him personally. There's way too many jack-booted thugs running around to pick a random cop and buy him lunch.

I'm not even rolling the dice on buying some jerk a lunch to fuel him into his evening breaking into homes and killing puppies and little kids in their reckless disregard for life and liberty.

Fletch said...

Those JBTs aren't going to realize that us "civies" really do understand and appreciate them if we just keep treating them like we don't.

When bad attitude meets bad attitude, it only leaves more bad attitude.

Give it a shot. It doesn't cost much (apparently cops usually get heavy discounts wherever they eat), and why not be the bigger man?

Unknown said...

My father was a cop, some 30+ years. I grew up around them. I'm not talking about a good cop having a bad day - they deserve a break.

Unfortunately, current policies are doing everything they can to drive the good cops out, and make the job as attractive as possible to the bad eggs.

No, unless I know him either directly or through the commendation of a cop I trust, they represent only one thing: a threat to my liberty. Anything that draws their attention is to be avoided at all costs.

Whenever I can get to know a good one I *do* do whatever I can to support them though. I worked on a campaign for one such cop only recently who was running for sheriff. But I don't take chances, and I wouldn't urge anyone else to either.

I get your point - I just think that day has come and gone. If they're not clearly with us, I don't think we hate them or abuse them - we just avoid them.