Friday, January 25, 2008

Semi-coders and pseudo-code

Coworker: Hey, really quick, I need you to write a quick script to generate a config file for, like 800 elements.
Me: Give me the data, and an example of the output you want, and give me three minutes.
Coworker: Three minutes? Ok, only if it's really quick, though.
Me: I'm waiting for the data really quickly.
Coworker: Yeah yeah...

Minutes pass

Me: Hey, I'm almost done.
Coworker: Huh?
Me: Actually, I'm not, because you haven't sent the data over.
Coworker: Ahh, shaddap... So, can you just send me an example of your code so I can write it?
Me: What?
Coworker: Just send me an example, and I'll just write it. I just need an example of a loop.
Me: You want me to send you an example of the most basic programing function a language could have, so you can write some pseudo-code and then make me troubleshoot it when it doesn't work? No deal.
Coworker: But-- fine.

3 comments:

blogagog said...

hehe, that guy is an idiot. There are no 'loops' in code. It's just pages of text.

Fletch said...

ROFL

Kelly Byrd said...

He's not a 'semi-coder' he's a guy that knows the word 'loop'.