Tuesday, January 08, 2008

But I live in a good neighborhood part 8

Police: SJ Newlyweds Bashed By Dozen Teenagers
Teenagers Attack Newlyweds On Way Home From Church Party

Just driving home with your new spouse and friend, after leaving the church new year's party...

Even non-gun grabbers are sometimes taken aback at the notion of carrying a gun to church. They view it as the height of paranoia. Attacks on churches are very well documented, and these same people often forget that carrying a gun to church also means having it with you on the way to and from church.

This is unnerving to read because it reveals the harsh truth.
Random acts of violence can visit anyone, at any time, and irrevocably shatter lives.
Act accordingly.

What really gets me is that this would likely have ended instantly if one of the victims had simply brandished a gun. Instead, their lives are forever changed.

The quotes are raw, and still carry the fear of the victim. If you've got the stomach; read on.

"My heart was racing. It was like something out of a scary movie where someone is after you," said Maria. "I was thinking, God please stop. Why us? Why us? Who are they? I was terrified."

"(I felt) just fear, absolute fear. I've never been through anything this traumatic in my life," Jason said. " The driver's side has the biggest damage of the door below the handle. That blow was aimed towards her head. That's the force they were aiming at her head."


Dan was beaten the worst, Fadipe reported.

Doctors said his injuries would take a year to heal.

"I took one to the forehead, one to the back of the head -- a couple to the arm (and) to my back," said Dan.

"They were going for his head with these weapons," said Jason.


"They almost killed a man," Jason said. "They could have killed my wife, and they had complete utter disrespect for any human life or anything. It was relentless disrespect, relentless violence."


The couple said police officers have told them their case is not a top priority because the department is understaffed.

No comments: