Thursday, March 17, 2005

Quite a day...

Quite a day friends, quite a day. At this moment I feel like I've got three C-clamps on three different points on my head, and I'm not sure if it's the little food, or the little sleep. The past few days I've been staying up late (early) for some reason or another. Today, I was to attend a Electronic Crimes Task Force quarterly meeting at the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pamona. The meeting starts at 8:30am and ends at 12pm. Well, I had the foresight to go to sleep around... 2am. Nice... Well, Pamona isn't easy to get to, especially by 8:30am! I wound up going a quarter of the way to a co-worker's house and carpooling.
The meeting was pretty interesting, lots of stuff on the colaboration of many law enforcement communities to keep us all safe. I found it suprising to know that all the police/firemen/federal agencies didn't really talk to eachother. There was one guy from the secret service who was talking about how they were trying to get it passed that it would be illegal to have malicious software on your computer... So... do viruses count? I know lots of people with viruses on their computers. John Q Public would say, "No, dummy, it only counts for people who are doing bad stuff!" But that really depends on how they word the law. If they word it as he said they wanted it... it would make things open for abuse of power. So often are the laws taken in directions they weren't meant to be taken. And innocents suffer, of course, not on a large enough scale to make them change the law, but just enough to let them get away with it. (Don't doubt it, history has proven this point.)
Man. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night... The meeting ran late, and I had to reschedule a meeting I had after that, so I finally got back to the NOC around 3. So much for an 8 hour day. Somebody shoot me. Sorry, readers for the few and far between posts, I'll do my best to post as often as I can. It was just that the last few posts I really wanted to make were paintball related, and I didn't want to overwhelm or turn off readers by harping on one topic. After skipping a few paintball posts, I stopped entirely. But Anonymous suggested I keep posting. Kind of an odd name though... I'm going to battle the traffic home and take a nap and post some more. Thanks for taking an intrest all! Out.

No comments: