Thursday, April 19, 2007

Quality discussion at Stouty's

Stouty voiced his opinion on the VT murders, and the comments section lit up. After a bit, I finally felt the need to weigh in and then found myself caught in the conflagration. But in a good way. After a while we'd covered quite a few points rather well, hence, I LINK for you to go read yourselves. I suspect you'll enjoy the back-and-forth.

God I love a good political argument.

And don't mind Practical Radical, though largely irreverent, he still has good points to add to the argument. Plus, he keeps the discussion from becoming a circle-jerk by having the audacity to challenge our opinions! ;)

2 comments:

John R said...

"You’re probably asking yourself what in the world could be a benevolent use for a gun? As I already stated, guns make it easy to kill someone. This can be a good thing if you are at the disadvantage. The old and frail can protect themselves from the young and strong. The 100 pound woman can protect herself from a 300 pound rapist. The few can protect themselves from many. And, as in this case, regular people just trying to live their lives can protect themselves from a deranged psychotic bent on murdering as many people as he can before turning the gun on himself."

One of the better explanations I have read in awhile. It is a quality discussion and I very much enjoyed reading all the comments.

Thanks

Josh said...

That guy (Practical Radical) calls himself a libertarian? Wow...just, wow. Last time I checked, there were more principles than legalizing drugs involved, and "banishing religion" was most definitively not one of them. I just puked in my mouth a little bit.