Monday, April 16, 2007

DOH! ... WOOHOO!

I took my Benelli Nova shotgun apart for cleaning since I'd only given it a cursory cleaning.

When I took off the extension tube I prepared for the spring to fly out, but it just sat there. "??? The spring SHOULD be under more tension than this..." I pulled on the spring and it just stretched. ??? I pulled a little harder, and the spring flew out. Great. The idiot who installed the extension tube did it wrong, and I was an idiot who didn't check it. Doh! I completed the strip-down and put it back together and loaded it. I removed the shells I had loaded it with before I started cleaning, 5 +1, and when I loaded it again, I accidentally put the +1 in the tube. ??? Wait, I unkinked the spring, and now it takes more shells! I grabbed some more defensive shells from my box o' ammo and loaded it up and found it now held the proper count of 7 +1! Woohoo!

Ahhh... Life is good, and I love my Nova.

No comments: